Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Welcome Mr. Nutt, New Student Teacher

This year we have a student teacher in our classroom, Mr. Michael Nutt, from Eastern Illinois University. In the following note, Mr. Nutt introduces himself and details his goals for our students.

Hello Parents!

My name is Mike Nutt and I will be working with your child for the next month under the guidance and supervision of Ivy Whelan. I am a student from Eastern Illinois University with a major in Special Education. I have been fortunate enough to be placed here at Lakeview for my student teaching experience and look forward to contributing to your child's learning process. Over the next month, I will guide the kids through a variety of skills in the area of Reading and Language Arts. I hope to help them improve their skills in these areas. We will continue to work on spelling, vocabulary, and grammar, and also introduce a novel unit on a book titled Hatchet, by Gary Paulsen. If you have any questions for me regarding your child, please feel free to email myself or Mrs. Whelan. My email address is mnutt@ccsd66.org and iwhelan@ccsd66.org. I look forward to working with your child and anticipate a fantastic year!